As we enter a General Election year in 2024, calling on decision-makers to ensure that people seeking asylum are housed in communities, not camps, barracks and barges, is more important than ever.
With this in mind, here are some brand new campaign resources for partners, organisations and individuals to use to engage with parliamentary representatives.
We have produced a new ‘Communities Not Camps’ parliamentary briefing which covers:
- The background behind the use of large-scale camp style asylum accommodation.
- Evidence of the harm caused by camp-style asylum accommodation.
- Up-to-date information around the operational sites at Portland, Dorset and Wethersfield, Essex.
- Recommendations for parliamentarians to adopt around the future of asylum accommodation.
We have also produced a new draft letter you can send to your MP which covers:
- Evidence of the harm caused by camp-style asylum accommodation and up-to-date information concerning the current sites.
- A request for your MP to speak out against camp-style asylum accommodation.
- A request for your MP to meet with you to discuss asylum accommodation and the #CommunitiesNotCamps campaign in person.
To make things even easier, you can send this letter directly to your MP with a couple of clicks via Action Network by following this link.